MVMC Emergency Care
Hours & Contact
Open 24 Hours a Day/Year Round
Phone: 406-682-6862 | Fax: 406-682-6618
About the MVMC Emergency Services
Our Emergency Department is open 24/7 with a dedicated team of providers, nurses and staff specially trained in emergency medicine to provide you with the highest quality, immediate care for everything from minor to life-threatening emergencies.
Emergency Department Entrance: is located on the north side of the building. Use this entrance for all emergency services.
Emergency Services & Info:
- What is a Designated Trauma Receiving Facility?
- MVMC can provide advanced trauma life support (ATLS), if needed, before transferring the patient to a higher-level trauma center. A designated trauma receiving facility provides evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic capabilities for injured patients. In many cases, persons injured in remote areas and transported to a distant trauma center by helicopter can receive faster and better medical care than if they had been transported by ground ambulance to a closer hospital that does not have a designated trauma center.
- MVMC has a Negative-Pressure Isolation Room, what is that?
- It is utilized to prevent cross-contamination of illnesses.
- MVMC has an External Decontamination Area, what is that?
- It provides care and safety for patients exposed to toxins or biohazards.