What You Should Know
Madison Valley Medical Center is well prepared for any infectious diseases, including the Coronavirus.
The Infection Control team would like to inform the public of the following:
If you feel ill and you may have been exposed to the Corona Virus, please DO NOT COME directly to the hospital or clinic. Call one of the following numbers:
- Clinic: 406-682-4223
- Hospital: 406-682-6862
- Triage Nurse: 406-682-6628
- Public Health: 406-843-4295
The following questions will be asked:
- In the last 14 days have you traveled to an area that has been identified as having the Corona Virus?
- Have you had prolonged, direct contact with a CONFIRMED COVID-19 positive patient?
- Do you have a fever of greater than 100.4?
- Do you have a cough and/or shortness of breath and/or body aches?
Make sure to stay up to date on local advisories and news.
If we feel that you should be tested for Corona Virus, we will give you instructions on how that will be accomplished.
Please keep in mind that the majority of people who are infected with COVID 19 will most likely do not need hospitalization. They will need isolation and supportive treatment such as increased fluid intake, rest and medications to control fevers.
Reasons to come directly to the hospital include:
- Uncontrolled fever
- Shortness of breath
- Severe dehydration
- Other complicating diseases such as COPD, emphysema, and/or other respiratory disorders.
If you are able, please call ahead to 406-682-6862 and alert our staff so we may take proper precautions for your safety, ours and that of our current patients within our facility.
Protect Yourself By:
- WASH YOUR HANDS – for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Keep a respectable social distance from other individuals, which is recommended to be approximately six feet.
- Get plenty of sleep and support your immune system
IMPORTANT VISITOR INFORMATION
Madison Valley Medical Center is temporarily restricting visitors from visiting hospital patients.
The Madison Valley Medical Center Foundation has set up a COVID-19 Relief and Resource Fund to assist MVMC in providing continued care to all patients and residents of the Madison Valley. LEARN MORE >